7.14.2010



At this point it's no secret that I have had a long-standing love affair with the blues. From a very young age, something about that raw, riveting sound of the heart throbbing blues, along with its prominent use rooted in rock & roll, moved me in a way no other form of expression has or ever will have the capacity to do. So it was only natural that my 2nd installment of mixtapes be blues related. This is not by any means a definitive collection, rather an assemble of my personal favorites, what I consider to be some of the best in blues derived music. It's a mash up of old & new. Starting with the classics and then moving into a few modern players in the blues-rock scene. I'm not going to lie, it took a good chunk of time to cut this bitch down to a reasonable size (by reasonable I mean it's still about 2.5 hours in length)...Enjoy!

Tracklist: 1. Champagne & Reefer - Muddy Waters // 2. Do I Move You - Nina Simone // 3. Most Things Haven't Worked Out - Junior Kimbrough // 4. Sittin' On Top Of The World - Howlin' Wolf // 5. Baby What You Want Me To Do - Jimmy Reed // 6. Walking Blues - Son House // 7. The Sky Is Crying - Elmore James // 8. May I Have A Talk With You - Stevie Ray Vaughan // 9. Good To Me As I Am To You - Aretha Franklin // 10. In The Heart Of The Blues - Magic Slim & The Teardrops // 11. Trying So Hard To Forget - Peter Green // 12. I Asked Her For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline) - Howlin' Wolf // 13. Backlash Blues - Nina Simone // 14. Red House - Jimi Hendrix // 15. How Long Blues - Jimmy Reed // 16. Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughan // 17. Jumping At Shadows - Peter Green // 18. Rub Me Baby - Cedell Davis // 19. I Can't Stand The Rain - Ann Peebles // 20. It Aint Fair - Aretha Franklin

(Pt.2) 21. Nothin' But The Blues - Lightnin' Hopkins // 22. I Can't Be Satisfied - Muddy Waters // 23. Three O'Clock Blues - Bobby Blue Bland // 24. That's Alright - Lightnin' Slim // 25. It's Not My Cross To Bear - The Allman Brothers Band // 26. Brooklyn Bound - The Black Keys // 27. Town To Town - G. Love & Special Sauce // 28. In My Heart - Heavy Trash // 29. Rollin' Blues - Deadstring Brothers // 30. Bitch, I Love You - Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears // 31. Keep It Hid - Dan Auerbach // 32. Gospel According To John - Soledad Brothers // 33. Work Me - The Black Keys // 34. Sao Paulo - Deadstring Brothers // 35. Ball & Biscuit - The White Stripes // 36. Clap Your Hands - The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band // 37. Keep Me - The Black Keys // 38. Big Momma - Left Lane Cruiser // 39. Salem Blues - Seasick Steve // 40. Will There Be Enough Water - The Dead Weather

Serious Delirium Gives You The Blues: Part 1 | Part 2

0 comments: