1.14.2011

Best Music From 2010

          I know I'm far past due on this list, but who the cuss made the rules anyway? I'm well over five months late on keeping up with this blog, so really, our track record can't get much worse. And what could be a better way of breaking this sabbatical then lining up a wondrous year end list? Probably a lot of things. But I promise, my new years resolution had a lot to do with less procrastination, and I plan to get started on that sometime before January 1st 2012.

       While there were an abundance of musicians that put out phenomenal albums in 2010, these chosen 22 are the ones that really resonated with me individually. I have included a music compilation for download below providing a sample of each of the artists mentioned. Check it out if you feel so inclined. Forewarning before you get too invested in what lies ahead, Kanye did not make the cut. Nor did The National or Vampire Weekend. Get over it.


1. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening

2. Mavis Staples - You Are Not Alone

3. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

4. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

5. Jamie Lidell - Compass

6. Blitzen Trapper - Destroyer Of The Void

7. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The VS. EP
 



8. Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid

9. Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues

10. Carolina Chocolate Drops - Genuine Negro Jig

11. The Black Keys - Brothers
12. The Dead Weather - Sea Of Cowards

13. Mad Rad - The Youth Die Young

14. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

15. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

16. Buddy Guy - Living Proof

17. The Morning Benders - Big Echo

18. Laura Marling - I Speak Because I Can

19. White Denim - Last Day Of Summer

20. She & Him - Volume Two

21. Victoire - Cathedral City

22. Esperanza Spalding - Chamber Music Society

Serious Delirium

0 comments: